Saturday, March 9, 2013

This RC glider was piloted from the edge of space back to Earth



This is one very cool video. RC enthusiast David Windestal has taken an RC glider up to the edge of space (via balloon) and piloted back to Earth, but not without some almost show stopping difficulties.
From David Windestal:

"I first got struck by this idea back in 2010. The idea of sending a RC plane that I could control via FPV into the stratosphere really gripped me. I didn’t have close experience needed to get a video link to work that far, nor an RC link. So I filed in the back of my mind with the label of a dream. Two years later I had the experience, the knowledge and the funds to finally try to make that dream a reality."

awesome work

more here including some great build details


No comments:

Post a Comment